Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Assassin Cats

Last night I couldn't sleep. I was too hot and can't stop thinking about all the things I have to do before this baby comes. So after washing walls and cleaning the living room, I crashed on the couch at about 1 am. Why the couch, you ask? Well Lizzie was in my bed and I was so hot. The windows were open in the living room and the wind blew just right, onto the couch. After being asleep for some time I was awoke by a creepy, tortured, chirpy sound coming from the window. (Or so I thought.) Now if you know me at all you know that BIRDS FREAK ME OUT!!!!!! I realize it is a ridiculous fear but its mine and I hate them. Every bird could be wiped off the planet and I would be just fine.

Anyway, the sound kept getting closer and closer and I knew I had to get Chris cuz at this point. I thought it was stuck in between the screen door and the front door. But in my mind I was just worried that it was in the house, so it took all I could do to get up and run down the hall. Now remember it is really late or early however you look at it. Chris has been asleep for hours. I went into our room and had to wake him up. When you wake up Chris you don't get too close cuz he always wakes up swinging, so I stood by the door and hollered, being careful not to wake up Lizzie. He thought I was a little crazy but did get up. After he went down the hall it was evident that the bird was in the house and the cats were responsible. Jasper and Alice were running around stalking this bird. To make it really hard to see the bird, we do not have a light in the living room. Our house was built in 1978 and apparently people didn't use lights back then. So in the dark, Chris is in his skivvies, looking for the assassin cats target. He finally found it and tossed it, ALIVE, outside. I was hiding in the doorway of my room the whole time, cuz what if the freaking, little eye pecker came down the hall. We went back to bed, me in bed not on the couch.

Not to much later, I was asleep, but not enough to not wake suddenly. I heard Chris say
"Damn Cats" as he lept out of bed. And sure enough Jasper and Alice had caught the creepy bird AGAIN and brought it back in the house ALIVE. So after Chris got the bird and the cats out again, he block the cat door so they couldn't get in. I thought maybe they would have given up being shot down twice, but NO!!! This morning as Jared (my brother that is building our addition), and I are shoveling old insulation into trash bags, what do I find? But sure enough a dead bird. I don't know who put the hit on this nasty little bird but the job is done. In my new bedroom. GROSS!!!! But if you ever are looking for an Assassin, Jasper and Alice are your guys, or cats, for hire.

2 comments:

Brittany said...

"freaking, little eye pecker" ha ha ha! That's so funny! For me...probably not so much for you. ;)

Anonymous said...

Dude, we have these cats around here that we hate. They're led by these scraggly siamese cats so we call them "The Asian Cat Mafia". Even our 2 year old calls them that. Love it.

So, email me sometime! Love your blog!