Wednesday, November 26, 2008

EGGS?!?!?!

Okay, I thought I was a fairly good mom. I try to be consistent and follow through. I am told often by some that I am maybe too harsh, so you would think I would have some what behaved or respectful children. NOT!!! I got a phone call Monday after work, from Riley, telling me that TJ and Mason had egged the neighbors house. I automatically knew it was the "MEAN" neighbors since why on earth would you not torment people who hate you and would eat you if they could. Well I was mortified. The reactions from the boys went sort of like this:
TJ " I didn't do it"
Mom "Where is the egg that was on the counter?"
TJ "I don't know, Mason told me to do it"
Mason " I did not"
TJ "Yes you did"
Riley "I knew they did it but I just sat and watched TV"
TJ "It was only one. And Mason told me too."
Mason "No I didn't"
I decided that they would all have to go over and tell the Bates (neighbors that eat small children) what they did and clean it off their house. I was so embarrassed that MY kids had done something like this. I know they do crazy things all the time but this! Eggs! UGH!!! I was so mad!! I call one of the city officers to see if he would come and scare them to death but he can't unless it is reported. So I told Chris to call the officer on duty, I was not okay with them (TJ) vandalizing someone else's house. But he didn't understand me so he didn't actually call. Oh well.
I marched them out the door and we were not even down the stairs when Mr. Neighbor started to yell at me. He said that if my kids egg his house again he will call the cops. I told him I had already done that and I was bringing them over to clean it up. He already had it done but I did make them pick up the egg shells.
Well come to find out, this was not the first time TJ had thrown eggs at there house. He also had thrown tomatoes and rocks. NICE huh. I was absolutely furious. They had not told me because they didn't want to cause problems. Now if you haven't already gathered there is quite a history with these people. They are very particular and rake their rocks and wash their asphalt. Enough said. We are not their dream neighbors. But if my kids are doing stuff that harm people, animals or property. TELL ME!!! I can't beat them or fix it if I don't know about it. Maybe they thought I didn't care what the boys did or that I wouldn't give them any sort of a punishment but they were wrong. After a good cry with Heather about how my kids are As#$%, I gave TJ his stiff punishment. And no one got to watch TV.

No comments: