Tuesday, March 24, 2009

It's All Gone! And I got my money's worth.

A long time ago, when Riley was about 6, a good friend of mine told me how much she loves Riley's shaggy hair style. It hadn't been something I had done on purpose, I was just too cheep to go get it cut until I was really getting my money's worth. Anyway, I took a good look at him and notice that she was right he was a "hotty" with shaggy hair, and shaggy hair is "way" in. So ever since I try to convince him to grow it out and remind him how much the ladies love long hair on boys. At Christmas time I finally broke down and took them all in to get hair cuts. Some other time I'll share how on that day I took 7 , yes I said 7, children to get hair cuts all at the same time. Another story for another day. Anyway, the gal cutting it and I told him how much girls like long hair and that he should just get a trim, and that her boyfriend has shaggy hair and how much she likes it and so on. He was really hard to convince. So I made a deal with him that if he would leave it long until after Christmas he could cut it anyway he wanted. He bit. Well it is now March. I finally got sick of seeing him wipe it out of his eyes so I took him in to get it cut. He was loving it that long and didn't even want a trim but I told him trims are good. If he would always listen to me this well he would be perfect. Wouldn't Stepford children be just great. But once he sat in the chair he totally changed his mind.
He decided he wanted it all gone. I thought the girl cutting it was going to cry. She kept asking him if he was sure and if I was sure. But I made a promise and even though I had bent it a little and not entirely played by the rules, I was going to keep it.
Believe it or not, Riley actually had a head of hair just like Ashton until he was about 2. My boy's shouldn't ever have to worry about hair loss, cuz they have a crap load.
There is no turning back at this point.

Totally the Skater Doo from the 90's.

Amazing it is actually the same kid. I'm curious what the girls say about it . I haven't heard yet. But I definitely got my $5 worth this time.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW! What a GREAT haircut, Riley!! I think you look so awesome! And it will feel so good this Spring & Summer when the weather gets hot! Keep on having fun!