Thursday, March 19, 2009

Trying the New

Ever since I have become a mom, I have tried to incorporate good food into my children's diet. Because that is what good mom's do. Well I like to try new things every now and again because just because my mom didn't like it or cook it doesn't mean it is bad. So I decided it was time to try the "Brussels Sprout." It was only a couple of years ago that I even knew what they looked like. Chris had said he loved them and they looked pretty at the grocery store so why not?

I didn't know how to cook them so I had to look it up online. Here I'm discovering that they are really like little cabbages.
They are so pretty and springy. Just like little cabbages.

According to the recipes, butter is a must, but I didn't want too much. Well apparently I didn't have enough butter cuz those cute little cabbage look-a-likes were not so good. Maybe a new recipe will help but I will be okay if for the rest of my like I never have another one.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Brussel Sprouts. I just steam mine until done and then when you eat them, just put some butter on them while they are hot and sprinkle on a little salt and pepper. Yummmm! You have got to try them again!

Heather said...

Brussel Sprouts are in the cabbage family....so your right to say they look like little cabages.