Tuesday, March 3, 2009

On crazy Friday.

The other day, before I left for work, I asked all the boys where they were supposed to go after school. Believe it or not they all had it correct. Well the day went on and I went to work in the afternoon and came home. Lizzie and Mason came home. I hadn't gotten any phone calls about missing children or anything. Mason tells me, "Mom, TJ didn't go to Options." I'm like, "Yes he did. No one called me and he isn't home. You are just trying to get him trouble." Mason does that sometimes, a lot actually. So, them Mason said, "No he didn't, he rode Shay's bus home with me." I still was a little sceptical, but up the drive way TJ comes. His cheeks were red and it looked like he had been walking but I always give my kids the benifit of the doubt. Yeah Right. I had a conversation with him and this is sort of how it went:

Me: So how was your day?
TJ: Good.
Me: How did you get home?
TJ: Oh, Home Again brought me.
Me: Oh, who was the driver?
TJ: I don't know it was a new one.,
Me: Did they tell you their name?
TJ: Yeah but I forgot it.
Me: Did you go to Options today?
TJ: Yeah I did.

By this time I was dialing Options to check his story, Tiffany answered and I asked her if he had been there. She told me No he hadn't. So I precided t0 explain to her that he had rode the bus home and skipped out of going to Options. He can come up with this little (HUGE) skeeming story. I realized after I asked for the second time if he could come on Monday that no one was on the other line. My sweet and innoccont, ciniving, maliputive son had unplugged the phone during my rambling. I was really mad now. No I was freaking Pissed!!!


I sent him screaming to his room and called her back and made the arrangements I needed. Then the work began.


I told him was grounded to his room for Friday night and all day Saturday. That meant No friends, No phone, No TV, No brothers and sister, No coming out except for going to the bathroom and that was only if he asked, begged and pleaded. I went and got ice cream for every one else and we watched "Igor" a movie he has been wanting to see.

Now some of you may think this is very harsh but really I have to get really creative with TJ to make a point. I keep thinking one day it will "Click"

No comments: